Friday, January 16, 2009

MFM - KUL flight

Six months has passed since my JOG - KUL flight, and I'm due for another adventure.

Day 1

We started from Macau (MFM / VMMC) on a rainy day. Temperature outside was 26 degree Celcius, QNH 1006, runway 34 in use. Zero fuel weight was 48000 kg; I ordered 11800 kg of fuel which is the minimum required for the return trip.

Everything was ready and we were cleared for pushback and start. I expect something to go wrong, but what happened was totally unexpected. First, engine 2 was started normally, without any problem. We were still being pushed back when engine 1 was started. The engine started normally, then suddenly the aircraft lunged forward. Immediately I jumped on the parking brake and put the start lever to idle to shut down the engine. Apparently the fuel control unit has malfunctioned; engine 2 goes into takeoff thrust even with the thrust lever still at idle. Aborted engine start non-normal checklist (NNC) was carried out, and I requested the aircraft to be towed back to bay for rectification.

During takeoff roll, at about 100 kts suddenly a warning light lighted up on the front panel. It was the "LE FLAP TRANSIT" amber light. There was no yaw of any problem controlling the aircraft, so an abort action was not needed. Therefore the takeoff continued.



To be continued.

(Or maybe not.....)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey capt. faster give me patok..i need it...keke...tomolo base check already...

Anonymous said...

Capt,
I love reading about your check. With all these checks as a PAX i feel very safe.