Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The black dugong

As the replacement for the Satria GTi, today I took delivery of a Toyota Vios S.


This car is powered by a 1.5 liter (actually 1497 cubic centimeter) inline 4-cylinder 1NZ-FE engine producing 80 kW/109 ps @ 6000 rpm and 141 nM/14.4 kg-m of torque @ 4200 rpm. It is supposed to be a very fuel-efficient engine. I will post the fuel consumption later once figure is available. Transmission is a 4-speed automatic.

This car will be used mostly for local and short distance driving therefore I don't expect to see amazing fuel consumption figure for this one. But expect to see me around KLIA in this one when I go spotting.


For long distance driving, the Camry will be more appropriate. It is more stable on the highway, and comes with 5 speed auto transmission. And it is equipped with cruise control, which makes driving on the highway much more pleasurable.

Why do I call it black dugong? Obviously because it is black, and the front end reminds me of the dugong. Similar to the Airbus A380, especially this one.

Actually the Vios belongs to my wife; it is of the same color as her first car, a Ford Laser which was used from 1990 until 1992. Registration was CS 8600, I don't know if it is still around.

No comments: