Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The end of an era.

Tomorrow my Satria GTi will be handed to the new owner. With it, an era of motoring is coming to a close.

I've always believe there are 3 general type of car for a normal person: a big family car, an economical small car and a fun sporty car.

Since 1999 we've been a 2-car family. At that time we had the Proton Putra and a Perodua Kancil, for a sporty type and an economical one. In 2003 we changed to a Waja for the family type, as the kids get bigger, and the Satria GTi for a sporty type.


Now the family car is getting bigger, in the shape of a Toyota Camry. But it is nor as nimble nor economical for short sectors, therefore I'm getting a Vios as the second car. But I can't afford to keep the Satria GTi, financially as well as parking space and utilization. After all, 2 cars are already under utilized; with 3 cars one might not get started for days.


The only thing is there will be no more sporty car for me, and no more manual transmission car as both the Vios and the Camry are automatics. No more high-revving spirited driving; something that I rarely do anyway even with the Satria GTi.

Well, I'm getting old....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

both registered as 734 again?